Family Discussion: Resurrection
As a family, use this handout to discuss the Resurrection and its affect on how you live your lives as Christians.
You may also download this Resurrection Activity in PDF format.
1. What happened?
Read Matthew 28:1-6 and John 20:1-8 and summarize the event in a sentence or two.
2. So What?
The most important event in human history is the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is the foundation of everything we believe as Christians.
- What does St. Paul say about the Resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15:17-19? Summarize it here.
- Read John 11:25-26. How does Jesus' statement deal with the impact of the Resurrection on your life?
Just the facts ma'am, just the facts.
- Read Matthew 16:21 and Matthew 17:22-23. Why were the disciples distressed by what Jesus said?
- Christ appeared to many after His Resurrection. Read 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, and list those to whom Christ appeared.
- After the Resurrection, the lives of the disciples changed drastically. According to Matthew 26:69-75, what did Peter do and what was his attitude before the Resurrection?
- After the Resurrection, Peter's attitude changes completely. What does he proclaim according to Acts 2:14-37?
- What precautions were taken by both the friends
of Jesus and by His enemies to ensure that His body would not be stolen?
- His friends (Mark 15:46)
- His enemies (Matthew 27:62-66)
- Throughout history there have been various
theories that some have developed to deny the Truth of the Resurrection.
Based on the scripture evidence that you found, show how these theories
do not hold water.
- The disciples stole His body
- The Roman or Jewish Authorities stole His Body
- Jesus never died. He walked out Himself
- The women and disciples went to the wrong tomb
- After Christ's Resurrection, the Christian faith spread throughout the Roman Empire very quickly. What was the main subject of Peter's sermon in Acts 2:29-32? What was the response in Acts 2:37-42?
Sections above taken from The Word on the Life of Jesus Bible Studies by Gospel Light.
Learn more about the basics of fasting and prayer with this playlist of short videos. You'll find 16 episodes of "Be the Bee" that will help you make the most of Great Lent and Holy Week!
Journey Through Holy Week
Follow Christ and the Church through each stage of Holy Week - from the Saturday of Lazarus to the Agape Vespers service with this full-color guide. Download the Children's Guide » and the Parent's Guide »
The Center for Family Care offers two video panel discussions focusing on the practicalities of keeping your family engaged throughout Holy Week.